A rare musical talent has risen from the rolling hills of Eshowe in Kwa-Zulu Natal and is set to take the World Music circuit by storm.
Mbuso Khoza has been building up a reputation for himself as a top back-up vocalist and songwriter. He also developed his sound by opening himself up to different types of musical influences.
He lists Salief Keita, Angelique Kidjo, Jabu Khanyile, and Sibongile Khumalo as some of the artists who have influenced his sound. His fine vocal skills have seen Khoza working as a backing vocalist for some of South Africaâ€™s most sought after musicians, including Thandiswa Mazwai, Siphokazi, Sibongile Khumalo
As an in-demand backing vocalist he use to performed at stages across the world including France â€“ where he performed in Cannes at a Miriam Makeba tribute concert. Other countries he has performed at include Portugal, Switzerland, Burkina Faso, Zimbabwe, Mali and Senegal. In 2006 his distinctive sound caught the attention of iconic jazz pianist and composer Themba Mkhize, who featured him on two tracks on his album, â€śHands Onâ€ť.
Mbuso Khozaâ€™s own album (Zilindile) is a delicate mix of deep traditional Zulu music infused with Jazz elements - showcasing the true depth of his artistic and diverse talent displayed without constraint.
In 2013 his album get a best contemporary jazz nomination at the Metro FM Awards.
- Vocalist Thulile Zama pays tribute to Makebaâ€™s legacy
- A historic amaHubo performance paired with international sounds in KwaDukuza
- Pianist and vocalist Sanele Phakathi brings soulful music to Hammarsdale
- Heels over Head spreads message of winners during Womenâ€™s Month
- Sibusiso Mash Mashiloane releases his second album Rotha, A Tribute to Mama